Header image  
March 2014  
  HOME :: Previous :: Next ::
large product photo   29th March 2014

Crafting anything is always a learning process...

Partway through adding the sanding sealant layer, I noticed pale patches where the woodstain hadn't completely covered the wood. Bugger.

So I added some more stain over the places, meaning to cover with another sealant layer. The stain spread over the shiny sanding sealant and looked crap - beading and running. My heart sank.

Next morning, the patched bit looked great - a lovely rich satiny texture and somehow tougher-looking than the stain on its' own was on a previous set.

So, change of plan, I've rubbed all the arrows down with wire wool, and re-stained them. It'll either be great or I've made a terrible mistake.

Keeps it interesting!